Episode Five: The One Where Blair Presents Hans and His Team at The City of San Jose With the IPMA Award of Excellence for In-Place Asphalt Recycling
In this session of Better Roads Radio:
Blair stops by to present the IPMA Award of Excellence for In Place Asphalt Recycling in lieu of conventional rehabilitation to Hans Larsen, PE and his staff at the City of San Jose, CA. Blair records the session to provide some notes for Tina to write a press release with and before you know it, we have another content filled podcast session just for YOU!
Listen in with Hans, and his team (John, Ricardo, Henry, Pam and Noi) as they discuss all things pavement management, in place asphalt recycling and pavement preservation. During this podcast you will hear:
- Why the City has a 400 million dollar backlog deficit of bad roads, headed for 870 million
- Why San Jose may never be able to get to all of the roads under current funding
- The impact that the gas tax has on the pavement management shortfall
- How will the ADA legislation clarifications by the Department of Justice impact current funding and planned rehabilitation projects going forward
- How the City will combat the backlog deficit of bad roads while continually providing pavement maintenance
- About the first City ever to adopt dimmable LED lighting or its major roadways
- Why San Jose won the bronze award from Green Roads and the Award of Excellence from IPMA for doing cold in place recycling and other green procedures
- What do you do when you only have 20% of the money you need to maintain your roadways
- How to educate your elected officials on the need for pavement maintenance
- How to best spend the funds that you have while being creative and resourceful
- How much dollar savings were realized using cold in place asphalt recycling with the foamed asphalt method
Hans and his team are pavement management RockSTARs, and this session is full of useful information that you can implement at your local agency today!
Please remember to subscribe to the podcast and go to iTunes and post your comments and thoughts on the episode and content we are providing for you!
Click Here to Download MP3
Share and enjoy!